L&LJ Mission Story
The experience and paths of surgeons and surgical specialty aspirants can vary immensely. The true surgical experience often time seems enigmatic to the preclinical medical student, and even the final-year medical student.
No one really knows what they have gotten themselves into until they begin specialty training.
Hence our greatest mission is to paint these stories under magnification so you can get a good taste of what it is like to walk in these individuals’ shoes.
Our End Game
Loops and Loupes of Journeys is a magnification into the lives of surgeons.
Our ultimate vision for this venture is to build a collection of freely accessible surgeon stories. The fields of surgery are populated with many goal-oriented, intelligent, quirky, creative yet imperfect minds. We want to reveal the struggles, the humanness, and the thought processes that went behind the strong aspirations and achievements of these individuals.
Just so you can find relatability, similarities, and inspiration in their stories.
After all, some of the greatest world leaders in their fields had times in their lives when they did not have access to physical mentors to carry out their dreams but instead relied on books and stories to dream big and live life at large.
We aim to tell you stories of surgeons from the beginning to the end of their careers, from their struggles to the pinnacles of their careers, and from practising in underfunded healthcare systems to well-funded systems.
We hope to lay out the reality that lay behind the glitz and glamour of how surgery is painted on screen and how reality varies for each extraordinary mind that chooses to wear this walk of life.
Collaboration – Our Process
We have not begun formal offshore collaborations with L&LJ yet, but we hope to begin them in the upcoming months.
The proposed layout for collaborations is the following.
If you are an aspiring surgeon or surgeon at any stage of your training or career and would like to have an article written about your journey, reach out to us!
We would be more than happy to interview you and write an article about you.
We have multiple processes that you can choose from for the interview process.
- You may submit this form with your demographic and career information.
- You may book an interview slot.
- Interviews can be done over zoom audio or google forms. Interviews done over zoom audio usually yield higher quality articles, as the medium allows for clarity in conversation, and room for specific questioning.
- The duration of interviews can vary but can range from twenty minutes to two hours. Interviews can also be split into two sessions if required.
- Interviews will be recorded for reference purposes during the writing and editing phase for fact-checking.
- The time from interviewing to article publishing can vary from 1 week to 3 months.
We are very grateful for your support with this blog.
We would love to hear your perspective and input on how we can improve or expand.
Feel welcome to provide your feedback in our feedback section.